Serve and Prepare Food In our Food Centre!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
136 people are interested
College Student Group?
BRING YOUR FAVORITE PEOPLE TO...
- Serve food to community members
- Prepare food for the next day/week
- Organize our food storage spaces
Breakfast (7:00 am- 9:00 am)
Brunch Shift (10:30 am- 12:30 pm)
Weekend Prep (3:30 - 4:30 pm)
Dinner Shift ( 4:45 -6 pm)
Breakfast (7 am - 9 am)
Pre-lunch Prep (9 am- 10:30 am)
Lunch Shift 1 ( 10:30 am- 11:30 am)
Lunch Shift 2 (11:45 am- 1:15 pm)
General Prep (2 pm- 4 pm)
Dinner Shift ( 4:45 -6 pm)
TO SIGN UP:
Feel free to check outour website to see what is available!
Create a profile. HERE is a video on how to do so.
Sign up as an individual or a team.
HERE is a video on how to sign up for a Volunteer Shift as an individual
HERE is a video on how to sign up to volunteer as a Team
The mission of House of Charity is to feed those in need, house those experiencing homelessness, and empower individuals to achieve independence by transforming lives...one person at a time.
THE FOOD CENTRE
Since 1952, House of Charity has made an impact in the lives of those experiencing homelessness, and those who are hungry. The mission of the Food Centre is simple; feed all those who walk through our doors, no questions asked. This is how meal service started 60 years ago, and this is how we still operate it today. Every day of the year, we serve a hot, free, nutritious meal to over 350 men, women and children. We believe that eating a meal at the Food Centre sets our guests up for positive opportunities later that day.
With a small kitchen staff, we rely heavily on volunteers to assist us in preparing and serving our meals each day. Volunteers, on a given week, make up 60-80% of our daily staff. Simply put, House of Charity could not operate the Food Centre without your help. Because the Food Centre is funded solely by charitable donations and grants, your contribution of time is incredibly valuable, not only to us as an agency, but to those we serve.
As an industrial kitchen can provide potential hazards during a volunteer shift, House of Charity asks volunteers to follow the following policies:
- Wear close-toed shoes to your shift
- House of Charity will provide hairnets, gloves and aprons
- Wear long hair back in a pony-tail to fit in hair-net
- Inform the volunteer supervisor if you have serious food allergies
- All volunteers must be 9 years and older
- Volunteers younger than 14 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Volunteers 16 + years can use a knife while wearing cutting gloves
- Volunteers 18 + years can be trained on appliances (dishwasher etc.)
You can find additional policies in the volunteer handbook
We'll work with your schedule.
714 Park Ave SMinneapolis,, MN 55404
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 9