Board Member - Events Taskforce Chair
Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Are you seeking to make a difference by contributing your professional skills and knowledge to an organization that saves the lives of the helpless?
Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,000 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. We are a young, growing, all-volunteer, registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community. We do not have a physical location but instead have a network of volunteers in the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia tri-state area.
We are currently seeking an At-Large Board Member who would also take on the role of Events Taskforce Chair. Here is what the role entails:
At-Large Board Members participate in organizational governance and decision making. Attendance at monthly board meetings is mandatory. Board meetings alternate between in-person in Frederick, MD and via teleconference. In-person meetings are on Sunday afternoons at 4:00 p.m. and teleconference meetings are Monday nights at 6:30 p.m.
The Events Taskforce Chair oversees the work of the Rescue's volunteers that are involved in event planning and attendance, including the team that is formed each year to organize the Annual Picnic. The volunteer in this role provides a communication link between them and the Board, as well as developing the event calendar and ideas for new outreach and fundraising events. Attendance at the Annual Picnic, which is usually on a Sunday in September, is required. Prior professional experience with event planning is preferred, but not necessary. The volunteer in this role must have a vehicle and a valid driver's license and be able to drive to events in the Maryland/DC/Virginia area.
The time commitment for this role will vary depending on the organization's present activity level with events, but we foresee it requiring 2-3 hours per week (maybe more on Board Meeting weeks and in the lead-up to the Annual Picnic).
As part of the governing body, all Board Members agree to:
- Avoid conflicts of interest in fact and appearance
- Understand and support our mission
- Attend and participate in meetings
- Be informed about our organization including its mission, history and core values; who we serve, their needs and how those needs are met; our governance structure and policies
- Act prudently, seeking information on which to base decisions
- Respect the integrity of the Board process, supporting decisions once they are made
- Understand and fulfill our specific expectations for participation and support as a member of the Board and a Taskforce Chair
We'll work with your schedule.
Frederick AreaFrederick, MD 21702
- Event Planning / Management
- Group Facilitation
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week