- Homeless Shelter Library Program
- Scope of Work: Volunteers will report to the DHS Education AmeriCorps and shelter staff such as the Child Care Coordinator, Shelter Director, and Recreational Specialist to ensure the shelter library program runs smoothly. They will support clients with literacy assistance and educational/vocational supports, coordinate with other community organizations, and organize and maintain the Library and book lending system. They will also collect and track metrics to measure program impact.
- Activities for Library Program volunteers will include:
- Liaise between supervisors, clients, and other organizations such as the local library to ensure clients are aware and access services available in the community.
- Organize and maintain the library and book lending system.
- Support with data collection to ensure program meets its goals.
- Assist with field trips and other activities as needed.
- Attend trainings and meetings.
- Mentor youth and link them to resources in the community.
- Outdoor Recreation
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Be available to work one to two days per week
- Two to four hours a day