Work with Homes First's Development Director and Resource Development Team to plan, organize, and implement our one annual fundraiser - Heroes for Housing.
Work happens all year long but culminates on the 2nd Wednesday in September with the ONE HOUR fundraising event. The goal is to raise $100,000 each year to supplement our income and allow Homes First to grow and acquire more safe, healthy, and affordable homes in Thurston and Mason Counties.
For our tenants, these forever homes give them hope for their future and stop generational poverty in its tracks!
In order to secure a paid position as an event planner, it helps to have as much real world experience as possible. If you have never planned a professional event yourself, volunteering your time and services is a great way to gain real world event planning experience.
And its FUN!!!!
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- commitment to the work getting done, reliable, FUN, good communicator
- Have Hammer Will Travel!
- Heroes for Housing Event Planner
- Get Your Green Thumb On!
- Is Being a Journalist or Author...
- Painting Skillz Sought
- Greet Our Guests & Support Our...
- Tenant Newsletter Creator/Editor
- Build a Bulletin Board
- Help Make Our Gardens Grow
- Affordable Rental Housing...
- One Ringy Dingy....
- Open Doors to Homes First
- Friendly People Needed for...
- Know How To Wield a Paint Brush?
- Virtual Volunteer - Adding...