Join our team of six community volunteers and board members to share our mission in the community and help us Open Doors to Homes First.
This intern will work closely with the Event Coordinators in preparation and staffing of events both on and off site.
Daily tasks may include:
- Planning, coordination, supervision and implementation of monthly program - Opening Doors to Homes First.
- Conceptualizing and presenting ideas for new third party events.
- Acting as a positive ambassador of the organization, promoting Homes First's mission, vision, culture and policies throughout the community.
- Solicitation phone calls and email correspondence.
- Filing paperwork and organizing supplies.
- Miscellaneous office tasks.
- Must have a flexible schedule, including being available on nights and weekends.
- Must be open to local travel and have access to reliable transportation.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and efficiently manage one’s time.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively, while maintaining composure around clients, donors, and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable soliciting and working with individuals and businesses.
- Must have sincere interest in the work, programs, and mission of Homes First
- Resource Development / Management
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- TBD - at least 2 hours per month
- friendly, mission oriented
- Have Hammer Will Travel!
- Heroes for Housing Event Planner
- Get Your Green Thumb On!
- Is Being a Journalist or Author...
- Painting Skillz Sought
- Greet Our Guests & Support Our...
- Tenant Newsletter Creator/Editor
- Build a Bulletin Board
- Help Make Our Gardens Grow
- Affordable Rental Housing...
- One Ringy Dingy....
- Open Doors to Homes First
- Friendly People Needed for...
- Know How To Wield a Paint Brush?
- Virtual Volunteer - Adding...