Who doesn't love the warmth and unconditional love from a beautiful four legged furry pet? If you love dogs, and I mean, really love dogs then you can be part of a rewarding experience.
Our exclusive Pet Therapy program is currently looking for chaperones. We have committed pet therapy handlers who bring their trained and certified dogs to the hospital to visit our patients. As a chaperone you will be . . .
- escorting the handler and dog to the patient floors on various units.
- engaging and interact with our patients & families and wonderful caregivers.
- providing hand sanitizer to all who pet the dog.
- greeting patients and introducing the pet handler and pet therapy dog.
- able to commit to one day a week for a maximum of 2 hours, usually not more than an hour.
- improves mood and overall well-being
- decreases stress and anxiety
- lowers blood pressure
- lets patients reminisce about their own animals
If you are interested in volunteering in our program, please contact me for an interview.
Pet Therapy Coordinator
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Interview and medical clearance required