Detroit Area Road to Recovery Volunteer Driver
3 people are interested
Be a hero and make a difference. Give a cancer patient a much-needed ride to treatment and you'll be the one to get a pick-me up.
The American Cancer Society Road to Recovery Volunteer drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need. Volunteer drivers may also show support and provide information and resource referrals coordinated through the American Cancer Society.
- Follows program guidelines and maintains required volunteer eligibility requirements.
- Notifies the Coordinator of availability, request acceptance and completion.
- Coordinates with the patient at least one to two days prior to the accepted ride request and provides ride as agreed upon.
- Completes all necessary transportation documentation information.
- Reports all changes with contact information, availability, insurance coverage and driving eligibility to the Society in a timely manner.
- Reports traffic accidents and violations to the Society within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Abides by the society's privacy and confidentiality policies.
Volunteer Driver Qualifications
Drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 84 and have
- A good driving record
- A current, valid driver's license
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance
- Complete an American Cancer society training course
- Availability Monday through Saturday during the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- If a cancer survivor, must be one year post-treatment.
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater Detroit AreaDetroit, MI 48219
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Preferred a minimum of 2 rides per month
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance, Access to safe and reliable vehicle.