Need to Build that Resume? Become a Volunteer!
11 people are interested
Want to build your college resume? Want to volunteer but not sure how? Not sure what to do now that Games of Thrones is no longer being aired?
Black Power Blueprint and Uhuru Foods and Pies invite you to volunteer and become part of our team and help create an Independent African Economy!
Join us every Saturday starting in October 2019 - May of 2020 at The St. Pete Saturday Morning Market plus more around the Tampa Bay Area.
Other opportunities include:
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Volunteer Recruiter
- Pie sales and Promotions (including staffing markets and other distribution sites- seeking drivers also)
- Social Media and Promotions
- Pie Mixing, Baking, and Boxing at Uhuru House before markets and before Holidays.
- Different Market Positions: Cooks, Prep, Front Sales, etc.
ATTEND WEEKLY UHURU FOODS & PIES TEAM MEETINGS WEDNESDAYS 6:30-8pm
Black Power Blueprint projects are about self-determination, stopping gentrification, uplifting and empowering the entire African community.
Your time makes a positive and lasting impact on the African community and benefits other APEDF community, youth, economic development, and educational programs.
Everyone can be part of a positive future - join African People's Education and Defense Fund and Black Star Industries in the effort to build these new economic development projects in St. Louis, MO:
1. Uhuru House black community center - COMPLETED
2. Outdoor Marketplace and community event space - IN PROGRESS
3. Jiko Community Commercial Kitchen and Bakery/Cafe, and African Independence Workforce Program -COMING IN 2019
COME TO AN ORIENTATION WEEKLY ON WEDNESDAYS @ 6 pm (RSVP please)
Address: Uhuru House, 1245 18th Ave. S., St. Petersburg, FL
For more information call Uhuru Foods & Pies at 727-914-3609 and ask for Janice Kant, or email email@example.com. Please include a contact number and email address on all VolunteerMatch and email inquiries.
Learn more about Uhuru Food & Pies at https://uhurupies.org/
About Uhuru Foods and Pies
1245 18th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL 33712, US
To create, produce and sell the freshest foods to build self-sustaining economic development, designed for the prosperity and self-determination of present and future generations of African people worldwide
Uhuru Foods and Pies sells fresh, quality foods at Markets, Festivals and special events to fund programs of the Uhuru Movement for economic development and social justice for African people worldwide.
We'll work with your schedule.
Uhuru Foods & Pies at Saturday Morning MarketRowdies Stadium parking lot, 230 1st St.SESt. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Retail / Sales
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Outgoing personality