Our RSM food pantry provides food boxes to over 200 eligible senior and veteran households every month. This is a wonderful opportunity to experience first-hand, the impact of volunteering your time to help, as well as community contact with seniors and veterans and their families. Organizations with volunteer teams of 6 are great in this area, but this also works well as a recurring volunteer position or just once if that fits your needs.
· When and Where: On Tuesday after the 2 nd Monday of each month. 7:30 am to 11:30 am.
· You will final prep food boxes by adding perishable items and then distribute food boxes. Requires moderate lifting ability to put food items into boxes. Positions at the food line require standing for most of the shift.
· The shift includes client contact from 9:00 am to 11:30 am during the distribution phase. Volunteers also carry and load food boxes for clients.
- Veteran Care
- Elder care
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 2 hours.
- Warm heart, compassionate, caring for those in need, desire to serve.