Refugees Northwest, a program of Lutheran Community Services Northwest (LCSNW), is excited to offer a drop-out prevention program for refugee and immigrant students called the Successful Futures Program. The program supports the academic success and well-being of youth participants through weekly workshops to develop school and life skills. By introducing students to community resources and strengthening their support system, we hope to keep refugee and immigrant youth on a successful path toward graduation and beyond!
Schedule and Commitment
LCSNW is seeking 5 After School Tutors to offer academic support to the middle school and high school students participating in our Successful Futures program at the Angle Lake Family Resource Center, 4040 S. 188th St, Suite 100, SeaTac WA 98188. After School Tutors will provide homework help to students on Tuesdays, from 3 to 5 PM, from January 9, 2018 to June 15, 2018.
After School Tutors will be responsible for the following duties:
- provide individualized and small group homework support to students ages 12 to 18 with varied English levels
- facilitate a positive, encouraging, and respectful studying environment
- promote studying strategies to foster sustainable learning habits
- empower students to feel confident in themselves and prepared for successful futures
How to Apply
Please email Sarah (Volunteer Coordinator) at email@example.com to express your interest in volunteering and to begin the application process.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours every week