We are recruiting for a reliable, creative Social Media Manager. As WAAA's Social Media Manager, you will grow our presence across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.). This position offers an exciting opportunity to hone your social media skills while playing a key role in our organizational branding and advocacy work.
* Report to (and work closely with) the Community Engagement & Events Coordinator
* Regularly update and monitor WAAA's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube). Promptly respond to any comments on our posts.
* Work to grow our following across social platforms.
* Follow news and social media accounts related to disability acceptance & inclusion advocacy, etc.
* Work with teammates to brainstorm and launch innovative creative multimedia campaigns using social media (Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, etc.). Work with President, the Director of Finance and Advocacy, and related directors/associates on advertising any future online fundraising campaigns.
* Actively stay up-to-date on WAAA's activities and growth.
* Interest/background in one or more of the following areas: communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, computer science.
* Extensive experience and comfortable using social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube).
* Advanced computer, research, and writing skills (e.g. the ability to write effective copy in different styles depending on the social platform).
* Superior written English language skills.
* Enthusiasm for raising awareness for our mission and organization.
Familiarity with any of the following: Social media management tools (I.e. Hoot-suite); paid social media advertising (Facebook Ads, "Boosted" Facebook posts, etc.); Knowledge of writing for search engine optimization (SEO); Social media analytics and tracking/reporting key metrics over time.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-6 hours a week
- Highly motivated, outgoing individual who will engage with our remote team!