SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN, MUSEUM OF HUMANITY LOS ANGELES
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
The future Museum of Humanity is looking for a Social Media Intern who will assist the museum with the development of its first social engagement strategy. The candidate will help MOHLA with the following tasks:
- Developing the content of the museum’s social media streamline
- Establishing consistency of message across multiple networks
- Growing the online audience of the museum
- Creating MOHLA’s initial newsletter database
- Designing monthly email communications of the museum
- Researching and analyzing web analytics for regular reports
- Updating the content of the museum’s website
An ideal candidate must:
- Possess excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Be responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical and committed to the mission of MOHLA
- Be ready to work independently and as part of the team
- Have passion for learning, storytelling, technology, and current media trends
- Experience in communication, marketing/public relations, and/or social media strategies, is a plus
Time commitment: Approximately 8 hours per week, 3 months commitment required. The working hours are flexible as long as the candidate meets the deadlines.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position. There is an opportunity for school credit for the college/ university of applicant.
About MOHLA: MOHLA intends to celebrate humanity in its finest hours. Its purpose is to exhibit the best of what the cultures from around the world have to offer throughout the millennia while addressing the many challenges we face as Planet Earth. MOHLA will present art, science, philosophy, dance, music, healing arts, food production, housing, technology, etc. and transfer it onto the latest trans-media platform for a new educational experience. Our goal is to create this museum as a source of pride for the world to see, a new and thrilling educational adventure into our own humanity that will take its place on the Los Angeles world stage. MOHLA is planned to open its doors to the public in 2020.
How to apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter to Marina Erfle email@example.com
- People Skills
- Internet Research
- Administrative Support
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 8 hours a week, day time is flexible