Help change a life! Share your computer skills with youth ages 10-18. As the world becomes more wired and the economy demands computer skills, many children are learning to use a computer at an early age. Be part of a team that is helping mold future generations and help bridge the digital divide in our community.
Time Commitment: Saturdays 12:00pm-2:00pm on a biweekly schedule. Two volunteers needed (and must pass a criminal background investigation).
Length of Commitment: 6 months minimum
Benefits of Volunteering: This is an opportunity to share your computer skills with youth and help bridge the digital divide. Hone your computer, communication, and teaching skills on your resume! Insight into APL best practices for future possible employment with the Library.
Contact: Please contact APL.Volunteers@austintexas.gov for more information!
- Child Development
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Youth Services
- PC Platform
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Saturdays 12pm-2pm biweekly
- Must pass a criminal background invesigation
- Boost Sustainability in Austin!...
- Coach Kids in a Computer Lab!
- Love kids? Love the New Central...
- Help the Community Access...
- Help someone improve their...
- Like kids? Help out your local...
- Help the Austin Public Library...
- Want to teach and play Minecraft...
- Share Your Love for the Library!...
- Love the New Central Library?...
- Help Preserve Austin's History!