The Butterfly gloWalk 5K FUN Run Moving to Tampa in 2018!
My Hope Chest is SUPER excited about our big move to Tampa for this 3rd family fitness fundraiser along Tampa's Historic Riverwalk, Saturday April 14th!
Responsibilities: We want this to be the BEST event year YET! We are creating a committee of "Leaders" who LOVE to give to their community and work well under the excitement on the day of the event. Breast cancer survivors and experienced event volunteers desired to but not necessary- just organized, responsible and committed folks passionate about My Hope Chest and showing up for the 4 meetings to understand all the moving parts, helping with volunteer tasks in between depending on your committee area and leading volunteers on the day of the event.
Who- My Hope Chest charity (www.myhopechest.org)
What- Developing a SUPER Butterfly Committee of 10 Leaders to execute the Butterfly gloWalk,5K!
When- First meeting will be January 15, 2018.
Where- Volunteer Meetings will be held on both sides of the Bay- South Tampa and in St.Pete and Seminole. The event will kick off at Coatenchobee Park Tampa and run along the Riverwalk.
Meeting Times: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm 3rd Monday of the Month. ( Venue tbd)
Details: The Butterfly Committee Meetings will be once a Month starting in January on the 3rd Monday of Each Month at 6pm (or day by consensus tbd). The week of the event, we may need additional help especially a few hands in "packet pick-up. We will have 500 people for the event and even more for the "GloW Party after" - open to anyone for a donation.
The Day of the event, it will be ALL hands on Deck ready to make a successful event!
- Sponsor Committee- Ideally starting to help MHC now= as Corp budgets are forged for 2018!
- Volunteer Communication
- Pavement Promo- Posters and Save the Dates blanketing the community starting February!
- Maintaining Inventory- Glow Items and Butterfly Wings
- Painting Wings- Disbursing paint sets and 500 Wings to civic groups and corporations to "paint" with glow paint
- Packing Event Bags- Pizza Party at MHC! (Week before the event)
- Social Media Team- Overseeing Online Fundraising
- Having FUUUUN!!!!
Contact: If you or someone you know is interested, please reach out to Lori Mendelsohn at firstname.lastname@example.org and 727-386-0147.
We look forward to meeting you and thanks for the volunteering you do in our community!
My Hope Chest Staff, Board and Volunteers 2018
- People Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Project Management
- Sales Marketing
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Pre Event Meetings- 1.5-2hrs
- Positive attitude, works well with others... a passion for FUN!