Bunnies aren’t just adorable, sweet creatures, they are remarkably misunderstood and underrepresented as companion animals.
We strive to to change all of that everyday, for as many bunnies as we can. Since 1988 House Rabbit Society has worked to rescue over 30,000 rabbits! Join our amazing team of volunteers that are making a difference in the lives of countless rabbits!
Volunteer work ranges from feeding the rabbits veggies, brushing and grooming, habitat upkeep, and various projects, to more specific roles, such as:
- Adoption Counselor - help family choose the right rabbit and bonding, adoption process, provide educational information.
- Transportation Driver - save bunnies from the shelters or taken them to their vet appointment
- Office Assistant - assist with office and administrative tasks and projects, customer service, HopShop service.
- Handyman - assist in repair and maintenance projects, craft hiddies for rabbit habitats.
- Hay Helper - help bag our bales of hay into resale bags.
- And others!
If you are interested please go to:
Where you will find more information, and the link to our volunteer application. Must be at least 16 years of age.
Interested in being a Foster Parent or Family for a rabbit? Find more information here:
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Once a week for a minimum of 4 months, flexible.