Regional Manager (Washington, DC) Volunteer
17 people are interested
Are you looking to channel your skills to support a growing humanitarian organization of dedicated medical professionals and specialists?
This volunteer role is the key 'go-to’ person that provides a physical presence in Washington, DC for Global Outreach Doctors (GoDocs) and is the local face of the organization for connectivity with persons and organizations.
Develops relationships and network with key professionals in Foundations, Governmental, Humanitarian, NGOs, and professional organizations with an interest in GoDocs topics/activities.
Supports ongoing recruiting and develops a regional focus to recruiting efforts for medical professionals, and other specialists. Source potential candidates for the board and other key organizational roles.
Explores opportunities for corporate relationships
- Creates and presents sponsorship packages and presentations for proposals
Manages and helps develop grant proposals and responses
- Identifies appropriate sources of grant writing funds
- Writes, assembles, and submits grant proposals
- Monitors and follows through with reporting requirements on grants received
Develop speaking opportunities for GoDocs
- Develop a database of contacts, key dates, topics/themes of organizations that hold Humanitarian, NGO, regional and national medical fire/rescue conferences.
- Develop mechanisms by which the GoDocs team can disseminate information to appropriate organizations and individuals to secure or solicit conference speaker invitations, respond to calls for papers and RFPs.
- Coordinate the logistics (such as applications, documents, submissions) associated with GoDocs participation at conferences/ conventions, and other associated activities.
Key Skills and Background:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Passion for storytelling and community engagement
- Creative and pragmatic with a proven ability to handle competing priorities of multiple stakeholders in a fast‐paced environment
- The successful candidate is a self-starter, self-manager, and has an entrepreneurial spirit
- Two years of experience working for nonprofit in similar role preferred
Who We Are:
Global Outreach Doctors (GoDocs) is a humanitarian organization of dedicated medical professionals providing international healthcare, canine search & rescue and communications in disaster regions.
We also offer global healthcare in non-disaster areas through our public health initiative.
To learn more about us: http://www.globaloutreachdoctors.org/
Please forward resume HR@globaloutreachdoctors.org
We'll work with your schedule.
Washington, DC MetroWashington, DC 20001
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- 5-10 hrs per week (flexible)