Lindquist Dental Clinic for Children (LDCC) is a private not-for-profit dental clinic which provides services to children and youth age 0 - 20 regardless of ability to pay. School Based Services (SBS) is a program within LDCC which is a partnership with the Tacoma Pierce County Health Department and local school districts. LDCC's SBS team will go into Pierce County schools and provide screenings, and florid varnish/sealants for children when applicable and connect children without a dentist to a dental home.
Our SBS Assistant position will help the team provide these services.
The assistance is in the form of:
- Escorting children to and from the class rooms
- Loading and unloading supplies for the day
- Completing paperwork in a fast paced environment
- Must be available in full day increments, not every school is the same amount of time. Hours will vary from one school to another.
- Must be able to stand and walk for the full day, which will often include stairs
- Ability to write clearly
- Ability to shift from one task to the other in a fast paced environment
- Works well with children
- Ability to lift 35#
When the team goes to the schools the amount of time will vary from one school to another. Hours will typically be 4-6 hours at the school. Volunteers may meet the team at the school, or coordinate a location to carpool together in LDCC's van. We are asking for full day commitment so that we can schedule volunteers to assist for the full shift at the school. We are asking for a 3 month+ commitment of at least one day a week. Volunteers wishing to donate more than one day a week are welcome also. On days which the SBS team is not at a school there is also administrative support for the SBS and LDCC that can occur at our main office in Parkland.
Background check required for all volunteers.
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours per school day volunteering