The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County is a dynamic organization committed to ending hunger and transforming the health of Santa Barbara County through good nutrition. With each person and family we reach through food distribution, we are introducing nutrition education to transform the health and potential of working families, seniors and other individuals countywide. Last year, the Foodbank distributed more than 9.7 million pounds of food. Our food is utilized by 1 in 4 people in our community.
Half of the food we distribute is fresh produce.
We need help with our Marketing and Communications! :)
Position: Marketing Volunteer (or Intern!)
Reports to: Marketing + Communications Manager
Location: Santa Barbara Education Office
1525 State St., Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Commitment: 5-10 hours/week for 3 to 6 months
A Marketing Volunteer helps support the Foodbank’s critical operations and programs. This position interfaces with a wide range of Foodbank activities and our visual presence in the community and will get to know our programming intimately, from the warehouse, fundraising events, and food drives, to volunteer events, and community outreach/programs.
Potential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Foodbank staff to create compelling visual communications with strategy and ingenuity
- Design or draft content for online needs: website, social media, newsletter
- Design or draft content for print needs: event materials, brochures, flyers
- Take photos at our events
- Pitch in with social media management (Facebook Business Manager skills, a huge plus!)
- Other tasks as needed
- An interest and commitment to helping the Foodbank end hunger in our community
- A positive, friendly, outgoing, and can-do attitude
- Excellent eye for design
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and flexibility
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools would be great
- Well-versed in social media and trends
- Experience in marketing, design, and/or communications preferred
- Photography skills a plus
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
Although volunteers are unpaid, we are happy to work with you and your college or university to meet course requirements/credits, paid work-study programs and/or your educational goals. Interns gain significant experience: 1) Supporting a wide range of programs and operational needs within the organization, 2) Understanding of the inner workings of nonprofits and the foodbank system, 3) networking, interpersonal, and communication skills, and 4) Design, marketing and social media savvy.
To apply for this position, please submit a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10/week for 3-6 months