1. Assignment Title
Veterans Health Education and Information Committee Member
2. Purpose of Assignment
Volunteers are responsible for participating in and providing their input and valuable insight as a Veteran. Please make suggestions and recommendations to facilitate a coordinated approach in planning, delivering and evaluating evidence-based Veteran centered health education programs services and resource materials for Veterans here at CNVAMC.
3. Position Summary
A Veteran that is a patient who has experienced care here at CNVAMC. The Veteran may also be a retired employee (RN or other). The advisor provides a valuable perspective and voice that represents the Veteran & families. He or she works in partnership with the health care staff to ensure that the needs of the facility are met as it relates to Veterans Health Education and Information Committee.
4. Time Commitment
· Attends Scheduled meetings 1-2 hours per Month (Dates and times TBA 75% attendance is required)
· Attend additional meetings as circumstances require
· Contact the Veterans Health Education Coordinator if you are unable to attend the meetings
· Pass a background check
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Display problem solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions
- Expressing understanding and respects patient confidentiality
- Shares perspectives, experiences, and suggestions
- Commits to the Veterans Health Education and Information Committee by upholding its purpose.
- Actively participates in planning, delivering and evaluating evidence-based Veteran centered health education programs services and resource materials
- Respects the collaborative process and is willing to listen to differing views
- Encourages all committee members to share ideas and viewpoints
- Respects Veteran and family confidentiality always
- Records hours with Voluntary Service
- Volunteer must be healthy the day of volunteering
- Position is mostly sedentary (sitting)
6. Training and Skill Development
· Initial and annual volunteer training.
· Assignment specific training
7. Supervision Ms. Alkeisha D. Davis, MSN, RN
Volunteer reports to: Veterans Health Education Coordinator
Feedback: Annual written
8. Supporting policies
* VHA Handbook 1620.01
* Medical Center Policy MEMORANDUM NO. 119-14-01
Medical Center Policy MEMORANDUM NO. 03-17-47
Meeting location date and time TBD at Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center 950 15 th St, Augusta GA
· Lunch provided for volunteers working a 4 or more hour shift.
· Structured recognition/awards program
· Annual Flu Shot at no cost
· Eligible to join credit union
· Make tax-free purchases in Canteen store
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-2 hours per month required
- Community Living Center Holiday...
- Volunteer Van Driver for...
- Van Driver for Veterans at the...
- Ambassador Charlie Norwood...
- Volunteer Driver for Veterans...
- Distribution Technician...
- Veterans Health Education and...
- Wheelchair Repair Downtown...
- Prosethetics Clerical and...
- Information Desk (Front Line...
- Beneficiary Travel Customer...
- Wheelchair Concierge & Greeter
- Appointment Reminder for...
- Nursing Volunteer for Veterans...
- Community Living Center Senior...
- Musician Volunteer Charlie...
- Front Desk Clerk Volunteer...
- Wheelchair Concierge Service...
- Volunteer Van Driver For...
- Fisher House Volunteer Charlie...