· In collaboration with the Special Events Coordinator, follow the event timeline
· Maintain all event and scheduling details
· Prepare and update symposium blueprint
· Recruit mentors to serve as mentors for the day
· Provide training and written instructions to ALL volunteers associated with the event
· Attend training meetings as needed
· Ensure that all symposium volunteers are trained on their duties before the event. Personally
speak with each volunteer a few days prior to the event to ensure that they understand their
roles and answer last minute questions
· Keep a list of all volunteers who volunteered with the number of hours they volunteered
during the event, so that they can be acknowledged during the Volunteer Appreciation
· Assist with vendor recruitment in order to maximize productivity of events
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Excellent communications, organizational and interpersonal skills
· Ability to communicate ideas effectively
· Experience managing staff or volunteers and external vendors in order to maximize
productivity of events
· Excellent knowledge of event/conference planning environment/tools
· Able to lift at least 25 lbs.
· Exceptionally strong organizational, leadership interpersonal and communication skills
1. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict
resolution principles to mitigate issues
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-3 hours per month
- Strategic Planning Member for...
- Content Writer/Editor for Teen...
- Teen Leadership Symposium...
- Mentor Coordinator Assistant
- Director of Communications for...
- Volunteer Bookkeeper
- Parent Liaison
- Love Working with Kids? Site...
- Teaching Assistant for Teen...
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Teen Leadership Workshop...
- Governance Committee Member
- Part-time Clerical Assistant...
- Helping Teens Give Back!...
- Volunteer Coordinator...
- Fund Development Director for...
- Graphic Designer for Teen...
- Finance Committee Member
- Special Event Volunteers for...
- Love Managing Projects? Project...