Youth In Business is a program of Jubilee Arts that cultivates the entrepreneurial leadership skills of high school aged youth by providing hands on experience operating an art-based business. Using cooperative economics as a model, the youth learn how to create works of art and sell their products as a team. Participants split the profits generated from the revenue that is earned through their sales efforts.
Design Class Assistant
Ceramic Class Assistant
- work closely with youth participants in design and creating products for sale
- providing expertise in graphic design and composition
- providing expertise in ceramics and product development
- administrative support such as taking attendance, collecting paperwork, passing out supplies and helping clean up
In the YiB Graphic Design Course, youth will learn how to create an effective messaging campaign by engaging in writing workshops to generate a succinct message, learn the basics of typography, compose their message in InDesign, and screen print their designs on canvas tote bags and drawstring backpacks. The program will look at examples of popular local brands and political messaging campaigns. Participants will learn the history of how those brands were created and why they did well, focusing on independent companies that cater to individuals or communities underrepresented by mainstream brands.
In the YiB Ceramic Course, youth will learn how to create and produce ceramic items for sale. Items will include ceramic holiday ornaments and mosaic address signs.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Visual Arts
- Graphic Design / Print
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 2 hours per week