Volunteer Positions available with Centerstone Sexual Assault Services!
As a volunteer you will play an important role in making a positive difference in the lives of victims of sexual assault. Each volunteer should be able to work in a crisis environment. The volunteers respond to calls that come through the 24/7 sexual assault services helpline. They are a vital part of our county’s Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) team in supporting victims of sexual assault Be the light, in someone’s darkness.
- Background check, drug screening, TB testing, and finger prints.
- There is 30 hour online/classroom training, which needs to be completed within 3 months of volunteer orientation date. (The training is a certification requirement by Florida Council Against Sexual Violence.)
- Once the online/classroom training is completed it is followed by a 10 hours of supervised field training.
- One hour monthly meetings for training and support.
- Be able to provide crisis intervention and emotional support.
- Participate in a 24/7 helpline On call rotation, commit to be schedule for at least 16 hours per month
- We ask our volunteers to dedicate at least one year of your time, due to the time and cost that goes into training.
If this is something that you would like to learn more about, please call Catherine DeGendice @ 941-782-4243 or email at: Catherine.Degendice@centerstone.org
Welcome to our growing team
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Require a full year
- Volunteer with crisis knowledge and compassion. Must be willing to learn and grow as a team.