Cultural Ethnic Ambassidors
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereEast, West, North, or South Maricopa countyor any county in Arizona,Please list preferancePhoenix, AZ 85022
We serve Arizona. Besides being a part of United Way's Project Connect, Arizona veterans Stand down and Hope Fest across the state, we also serve in disasters.
There are two kinds of vounteers here, One kind of ambassordor is available to help with disasters with owners and their beloved pets. Such efforts can be done by telephone.
The other kind would be to help us broaden our programs and service effectiveness by helping our leadership understand how to do a more effective job for those hard to reach communities which not only includes language and cultural differences, but also disabled, ill, seniors or other groups.
ADA laws only provide safe passage for dogs and horses that meet the requirements of handicapped to help with physical needs. But what about those pets that help in other ways? Such as ~
- A grandmother with Alzheimers, whose only connection to this time and space, may be her cat.
- A child with autism, whose young dog may not be well socialized to handle stress, but helps to keep the child calm and engaged unspite of the chaos around him.
We have a great opportunity with what Happened for pets in Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma to make great groupd for pets. Will you help?
- Social Media / Blogging
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Gp1 -on call during disasters, Gp 2-by Arrangement
- Bi-lingual or living in the community you wish to serve.