General function of the position: The Intern/Volunteer will work to promote the image of Habitat for Humanity! We are looking for an individual who has a thorough knowledge of social media and photography to use their skills to positively promote Habitat and engage our stakeholders, with experience with video skills a plus. The right candidate will gain exceptional experience and knowledge with one of the most recognizable non-profit brands, Habitat for Humanity.
Department: Marketing Responsible to: Marketing and Communication Director
Time Required: Assignment Based Schedule - weekdays and Saturdays
- Use photography and video to communicate Habitat’s story & mission
- Use social media to promote Habitat for Humanity (specifically Facebook & Twitter)
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Director to execute corporate sponsor benefits
- Create relationships with Habitat homeowners, volunteers, and sponsors in order to better communicate their involvement with Habitat for Humanity.
Qualifications or special skills needed:
- Commitment to the ministry of Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
- Possess valid driver’s license and ability to travel between build site locations & ReStores
- Have thorough knowledge and experience with social media marketing
- Experience with and access to a DSLR camera preferred, but not necessary
- Experience with video is a plus
- Experience with and access to photo & video editing software preferred, but not necessary
- Communicate with consistency the Habitat for Humanity brand
- Possess ability to work alongside people of diverse backgrounds
- Be at least 16 years old
- Must pass a background check
Effects/ How does this help Habitat? Milwaukee Habitat uses dedicated interns to promote the organization and the ReStores through attractive photographs and videos. Milwaukee Habitat relies on sponsors and volunteers to build homes and desires to strengthen those relations and show gratitude through media recognition.
- Orientation on Milwaukee Habitat’s mission, goals, and plans
- Training on using Milwaukee Habitat branding
- Training based on experience and learning goals
Benefits to intern:
- Experience working with a well-known non-profit
- Ability to learn skills in photography, video, and social media
- Add media pieces to your portfolio
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Assignment based - weekdays and Saturdays
- Calling all high school and...
- INTERESTED IN INTERIOR DESIGN?-...
- Volunteer/Intern in Habitat's...
- TREASURE HUNTERS NEEDED-...
- Join our Deconstruction Team:...
- Searching for Smiling Faces!!-...
- NOW OPEN MONDAYS-Volunteer at...
- Photography and Social Media...
- BUILD HOUSES WITHOUT LIFTING A...
- Help Serve Lunches to Habitat...
- HEAVY LIFTERS WANTED - Help With...
- Get a workout while giving back-...
- Test your METAL!!- Volunteer at...