ENVenture's Business Development Fellowship Program
15 people are interested
Want to gain experience working on creating a social enterprise in a developing country?
Many grassroots Community Based Organizations (CBOs) have a real desire to distribute essential clean energy technologies in their communities without electricity, running water, and modern fuels for cooking. However, in setting up businesses they face three hurdles: sufficient labor, knowledge, and financing.
We are seeking Business Development Fellows that will serve as a business coach for our rural CBO partners to enable them to launch a sustainable enterprise selling clean energy technologies across Uganda. You will be based at their location site and you will gain first-hand experience on rural entrepreneurship. Placement is for 3 - 5 months.
- Work closely with the Executive Director of the CBO to establish an enterprise that sells small-scale clean energy products, including but not limited to solar lights, solar home systems, improved cookstoves, fuel briquettes, and water filters.
- Conduct market research with the CBO in the community to determine uptake and price points.
- Develop relationships with local clean energy manufacturers to set up order processing and delivery
- Accounts manage the loan provided to ensure that all receipts, invoices, and purchase orders are accounted for and shared with ENVenture.
- Work with the CBO staff to create a marketing campaign around the enterprise.
- Determine future orders, costs, profitability, and margins, as well as cash flow.
- Maintain progress reports with ENVenture, and at the end of the position, submit a summary of all work done during the time with ENVenture and the local partner.
- Develop rural retail marketing campaigns.
- Grow sales.
- Test enterprise mobile applications.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ENVenture Enterprises
Ntinda Complex, Block 3, Level C, Kampala, Ntinda complex, Block C, Lv 3, UG
Creating sustainable enterprises
ENVenture is a social enterprise in Uganda that empowers rural Community Based Organisations (CBOs) to learn business skills and receive financing to launch sustainable clean energy enterprises. CBOs receive a low-cost loans and a 1:1 business coach, taking the packaged business concept from idea to execution.
Ntindi Complex, Block C, Level 3Kampala, Uganda
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Business Planning
- Market Research
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- 3-5 months
- Being able to live in challenging environment and work in places without electricity