The Curriculum Development volunteer will assist in the development of a practical and applicable curriculum for middle and high school students whose parents suffer from mental illness. This is an exciting opportunity to equip children and families with the tools they need to confront the challenges of parental mental illness.
- Work under the direction of the CEO
- Generate/Adapt existing educational materials to be more hands-on and inquiry based
- Incorporate technology and applications with learning objectives and goals
- Create engaging visuals for the classroom
- Develop lesson plans, teaching aids and lesson slides for after-school program geared toward mental health crisis management.
- Crisis Intervention
- Teaching / Instruction
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 5 - 10 hrs per week,