We are looking for volunteer instructors to teach our computer literacy classes.
Many Michigan families don’t have computers in their homes. Comprenew, a non-profit certified electronic recycling company headquartered in Grand Rapids MI, has worked to bridge this digital divide with a new program.
The program is called Comprenew Connect, which offers refurbished computers and computer training to underserved members of the community.
Here’s what we have seen so far in the Comprenew Connect program:
- Participants see computers as a tool that will enhance their children’s educational opportunities.
- Participants gain confidence from using computers.
- With a little support and encouragement, participants work on training modules at their own pace.
- Participants see the value of learning specialized programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint which enhances their ability to get a better paying job.
using an online training program under the supervision of an instructor, the program includes
training in Microsoft Word and Excel, email correspondence, and internet navigation, and offers
the opportunity for home computer ownership.
Please reach out to us if you would like to be an instructor for one of these classes. They are typically offered in the evenings, and we are willing to assign you classes that work best with your schedule. This is a great opportunity to help low-income people in the community learn basic computer skills. If you are fluent in Spanish, that is especially helpful. We are very interested in hearing from anybody that is passionate about getting involved in our mission. Thank you!
*Please note that the location varies depending on which community partner is hosting the class.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Class times and locations vary.