Code-A-Thon Site Team Lead - Syosset, NY
We are looking for a competent volunteer, should be able to motivate and inspire. You must possess organizational skills and ability to communicate with students from diverse backgrounds and experience. The goal is to ensure that our organization is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals, and that they are correctly positioned for the fulfilment of our program.
Communication Before Event
- Have weekly meetings with group leads; there are four confirmed locations
Manage weekly planning virtual calls:
- Check in before each meeting to ensure that it will be a productive meeting.
- Organize meetings minutes to report to the program manager.
- Create report to ensure that all group leads are on the same page.
- Lead student and professional volunteers.
- Work with the program manager to host event.
- Ensure the interaction of the students are healthy and educational.
Extra:(Not required but a plus)
- Know a second language that is not English
**There may be other assignments that we would need to fill in accordance to your availability, skills, and interest.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding of group dynamic
- Eager to learn new tools
- Interested in Coding or at least the understanding of it
Working with students at the high school level and professional adults.
Can lift 40lbs.
About We Connect The Dots
180 Michael Drive, Syosset, NY 11791, US
Our mission is to inspire and educate students in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) careers. Through a collaboration with the community, education, government and the technology industry, WCTD provides awareness and education of the 21st Century workforce skills, as well as the opportunities available to students embracing STEAM careers. Impacting students at a local, national and global level, our programs create a hunger for learning that empowers students to find their own paths to success.
The skills needed to succeed in todays complicated work environments challenge employers to find the resources with the right skills to be successful. We Connect The Dots will provide the necessary work skills needed for students to build strong careers in STEAM roles. By engaging in a partnership with communities, industry leaders, students and teachers, we will reduce the number of jobs that are filled by students outside the US. Creating a greater awareness to parents and students of the career possibilities and the skills necessary to succeed. Through an accelerated program and project based learning students will gain the experience that matches todays real world careers.
180 Michael DriveSyosset, NY 11791
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Before Event(4hrs/wk) During Event (48hrs)
- Must commit to support beginning Oct 2017 - Through January 29, 2018