Conservation Boot Camp
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
To celebrate 20 years of its existence and Cousin Island’s 50 years as a Nature Reserve, Nature Seychelles has some truly amazing offers for 2108 :
- A new, short version of the CBC lasting 2 weeks to encourage busy people to take part in this unique experience
- An African Heritage discount of 25% for citizens of any African country on the full CBC program to promote regional integration and collaboration
- A Partnership discount of 25% on the full CBC program for current staff of any Birdlife International Partner to celebrate the purchase of Cousin island 50 years ago by Birdlife and to introduce Partners to "one of the world’s great conservation success stories" fostered by the BirdLife Partnership.
(note: The discounts cannot be added in the case of citizens of an African country who also work for a Birdlife Partner. Discounts are not applicable on the short 2 week program).
You will get immersed in Cousin Island’s conservation work in quite a spectacular way. This place is unique and this is where the conservation boot camp happens! You will learn hands-on about conservation by contributing to the island's conservation activities. You and your team of 5 to 6 other conservation boot campers will also help to make Cousin Field Centre (where you will be staying) and the island run at its best. You will gain real-life skills of working in the environment in intense and sometimes not-so-easy conditions... boat pushes, monitoring and censuses of wildlife, come heavy rain, intense heat or high humidity levels... sometimes accompanied by mosquitoes in the forest depending on the season. (the mosquitoes here are only annoying but do not carry any diseases). You might have interaction with some endemic intruders in your building, this is cohabitation with the wildlife.
Read the full description and how to apply here: http://cousinisland.net/get-involved/conservation-boot-camp or email email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Cousin Island Special ReserveCousin IslandVictoria, Seychelles 1310Seychelles
- Animal Care / Handling
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- Must be at least 18
- Two Weeks or 4 Weeks
- Be physically fit, Enjoy cohabitation and Love wildlife