Location: Individual needs to be located in the San Francisco Bay Area
Mission: The Tim Griffith Foundation heals and strengthens Bay Area communities by providing support and services to those impacted by addiction, violence and loss. The focus of our work is on healing individuals, families and communities. We combine financial support and direct services, transforming hardship into journeys of hope.
Purpose: The Tim Griffith Foundation Board Treasurer is primarily responsible for managing Foundation finances.
In addition to the board member-at large responsibilities, the Board Treasurer has the following responsibilities:
· Oversees the tracking of all revenues and expenses and the creation of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement) and communicates this information to the Board at a meeting.
· Ensures development and board review of sound fiscal policies and procedures.
· Acts as an official signer on the Tim Griffith Foundation bank accounts and works with the Board President on large monetary distributions.
· Oversees any financial agreements.
· Participates in fundraising activities in a financial role where applicable (tracking revenue, providing petty cash, etc.).
· Monitors BOD giving and makes recommendations.
· In cooperation with the Board Chair, is responsible for filing or overseeing the filing of the annual tax forms as required by the state of California or the IRS. Makes sure to get copies to the Secretary.
· Provides oversight, supervision and/or guidance to the bookkeeper of Tim Griffith Foundation as appropriate.
· Works with investment manager to ensure appropriate portfolio management.
· Works with staff and board as appropriate to create organization and program budgets when requested and seeks approval from the board on the budgets.
- Financial Planning
- Cost Analysis
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training