Ronaoke City Election Officers
WhenTue Nov 07, 2017 05:00 AM - Mon Dec 31, 2018 09:00 PM
WhereAll of the voting precincts in Roanoke CityRoanokeRoanoke, VA 24016
Roanoke City is calling on members of the public to serve in the November election and beyond. Please reach out to us if you would like an opportunity that is both fun and rewarding!
Election Officers perform duties necessary to conduct an election, including verifying the registration status of each voter, directing voters at the polls, completing records and forms related to the elections, and ensuring order at each polling place.
We are seeking people who:
- Are registered voters within the Commonwealth of Virginia, or are eligible to register to vote.
- Do not hold elected office or be the employee of an elected official.
- Enjoy meeting people and serving the public.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Can stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Have their own transportation.
- Can take direction, pay attention to detail and not be easily distracted.
- Can complete a 6-hour training class
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5am-9pm on Election Days