Title IX Girls Running Club delivers an award-winning mental health program to enrich the lives of girls ages 9-15 and their families, living in the Greater Boston area. The Board is committed to upholding the highest legal and ethical conduct in fulfilling its responsibilities.
Board members are responsible for the oversight of management and must act with the honest belief that the action taken will serve the best interest of the Organization. In addition to its general management of the Organization, the Board is expected to:
- Support the mission and vision of the organization;
- Review and understand the Massachusetts Attorney General's Guide for Board Members of Charitable Organizations;
- Attend all meetings of the Board either in person, by conference call, or by video conference;
- Participate in the fundraising initiatives developed by the Executive Director and/or President;
- Extend personal and professional networks for the purpose of promoting and advancing the mission of the Organization;
- Identify and nominate candidates for vacancies on the Board;
- Identify and recommend candidates to invite to serve as advisors to the Board.
- Strategic Planning
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Approx 6 meetings/year, oversight year-round