Shelter of Love is a nonprofit organization that was established to serve the needs of the women who experience displacement due to domestic violence.
We are currently seeking 2 Program Directors that will be responsible for overseeing the coordination and administration of all aspects of ongoing program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities. He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned. Programs include Care Packages, Workshops, Conferences, etc.
Staff position reporting to Executive Director
Direct Reports (future state):
Internal Programs/Training Coordination
Roles and Responsibilities include:
Plan the program
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Develop a program evaluation process to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
Organize the program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
- Knowledge of program/project management
- Experience in operational management
- Supervisory or management experience
- Knowledge of special events planning and management
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Problem solving and group work leadership skills
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to take direction and flexible throughout growth of organization
Shelter of L.O.V.E. - Leading Others to Victory and Empowerment - was established to serve the needs of the women who experience displacement due to domestic violence. We advocate for women in this demographic through donations and programming that is designed to equip women to become more secure emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and financially.
Our key program consists of providing complete care packages for women as they are displaced and transitioned into their short-term stay at local women’s shelters. The care packages include all necessities from toiletries, bedding, and other supplies identified by the local shelter.
Visit our website to learn more about our organization.
- Project Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 to 6 hours per month