Shelter of Love is a nonprofit organization that was established to serve the needs of the women who experience displacement due to domestic violence.
We are currently seeking a Director of Marketing & Social Media that will be responsible for building and managing the organization's brand and all aspects of marketing communications in order to raise awareness of domestic violence and the organization.
Staff position reporting to Executive Director
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
- Ensure consistent communication throughout the Organization both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
- Create a regular social media publishing schedule.
- Implement a content calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Promote content through social advertising.
- Creative, strategic, analytical, organizational skills
- Experience with social media marketing, press releases/ad, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and flexible throughout growth of organization
Shelter of L.O.V.E. - Leading Others to Victory and Empowerment - was established to serve the needs of the women who experience displacement due to domestic violence. We advocate for women in this demographic through donations and programming that is designed to equip women to become more secure emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and financially.
Our key program consists of providing complete care packages for women as they are displaced and transitioned into their short-term stay at local women’s shelters. The care packages include all necessities from toiletries, bedding, and other supplies identified by the local shelter.
Visit our website to learn more about our organization.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 to 4 hours per month