Shelter of Love is a nonprofit organization that was established to serve the needs of the women who experience displacement due to domestic violence.
Position type - Officer of the Board of Directors Position/2-year term
As an Officer of the Board, the individual in this role must meet attendance, monetary and participation requirements. We require a time commitment of an average of 3 hours per month for board meetings, committee meetings, and special events, including preparation time.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Manages and develops the general communications (agenda) for board of directors; which includes, but not limited to capturing and the distribution of meeting notes.
- Updates and manages records as needed (by-laws, board directory. etc.)
- Assists with creating annual strategy documents
- Responsible for sending notices of Board related meeting (monthly, annual)
- Designated as signing officers for certain documents - authorized or required to sign or countersign checks, applications, etc.
- Intermediate skills in Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a tem
- Ability to take direction and flexible throughout growth of organization
Shelter of L.O.V.E. - Leading Others to Victory and Empowerment - was established to serve the needs of the women who experience displacement due to domestic violence. We advocate for women in this demographic through donations and programming that is designed to equip women to become more secure emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and financially.
Our key program consists of providing complete care packages for women as they are displaced and transitioned into their short-term stay at local women’s shelters. The care packages include all necessities from toiletries, bedding, and other supplies identified by the local shelter.
Visit our website to learn more about our organization.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Approx. 4 hours per month
- Additional time commitment required for Annual Strategic Board meeting