Shelter of Love is a nonprofit organization that was established to serve the needs of the women who experience displacement due to domestic violence.
We are currently seeking a secretary that will be responsible for ensuring all rules and bylaws of the organization are adhered to by the board during meetings and the implementation of board decisions. The secretary is also in charge of all records and documentation for the organization.
Position type - Officer of the Board of Directors Position/2-year term
As an Officer of the Board, the individual in this role must meet attendance, monetary and participation requirements. We require a time commitment of an average of 3 hours per month for board meetings, committee meetings, and special events, including preparation time.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Record all votes and minutes of all proceedings in a book to be kept for that purpose.
- Collaborate with the President and/or Vice-President to make the arrangements for all meetings of the Board, including the annual meeting of the corporation.
- Responsible for sending notices of all meetings to the members of the Board
- Oversee the corporate records as the custodian
- Responsible for keeping of the post office address and contact information of each Director
- Responsible to sign with the President, or other officer authorized by the President or the Board, contracts, etc.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of an annual report
- Other duties as from time to time may be assigned to him/her by the President or by the Board.
- Intermediate skills in Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and flexible throughout growth of organization
Shelter of L.O.V.E. - Leading Others to Victory and Empowerment - was established to serve the needs of the women who experience displacement due to domestic violence. We advocate for women in this demographic through donations and programming that is designed to equip women to become more secure emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and financially.
Our key program consists of providing complete care packages for women as they are displaced and transitioned into their short-term stay at local women’s shelters. The care packages include all necessities from toiletries, bedding, and other supplies identified by the local shelter.
Visit our website to learn more about our organization.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 - 4 hours per month
- Additional time commitment required for Annual Strategic Board meeting