Join our board of directors to add legal advisory and support to the rescue, rehabilitation, retraining, and rehoming of parrots.
- Since parrots are long lived, it is most often necessary for people to add their parrots to their wills. It would behoove us to prepare meaningful legal guidance documentation to our community.
- Pet "adoption" is a wonderful way for people to own an animal in need of a home. However, our organization use of contracts that may not be legally binding, may expose us to unnecessary liabilities, or may be detrimental to the welfare of the birds that they are intended to protect.
- Advise the board of pertinent Georgia laws and statutes.
- Serving as principal point of contact with outside regulatory bodies.
- Help us determine capabilities of lobbying for animal rights without risking our 501(c)(3) status.
- Georgia law experience is preferred.
- Legal (General)
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours weekly