**IN ORDER TO REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER COACH you must contact Mary.Owens@raleighnc.gov and notify her about which league you are interested in**
Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department is looking for individuals interested in being a volunteer youth coach for the upcoming winter season. Anyone, at least 21 years of age, that is interested in this opportunity and in making a difference in our participants’ lives now is your chance! If interested, you will have to fill out a coaching application as well as submit to a background check. These forms will be emailed to you from the event coordinator.Practices are a 1-2 day commitment before games begin, and once a week after games begin.
There are three different leagues to choose from:
Mitey Mite(ages 9-10)
- Games on Monday/Wednesday at Millbrook Park at 6:15 pm or 7:15 pm and Saturdays at Abbotts Creek Park at 1 pm or 2 pm
- Coaches meeting on November 8th and practices will start November 20th with the season lasting through February
Littel League (ages 11-12)
- Games will be played on Tuesdays/Thursdays at Chavis Park at 6:30 pm or 7:30 pm and Saturdays at Laurel Hills Park at 1 pm or 2 pm
- Coaches meeting on November 9th and practices will start November 20th with the season lasting through March
Junior League (ages 13-17)
- Games will be played on Tuesdays/Thursdays at Lake Lynn Park at 6:30 pm or 7:30 pm
- Coaches meeting on November 14th and practices will start November 20th with the season lasting through March
Millbrook Exchange Community Center -1905 Spring Forest Road
Abbotts Creek- 9950 Durant Road
Chavis Park - 505 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Laurel Hills Park- 3808 Edwards Mill Road
Lake Lynn Park - 7921 Ray Road
Per department policy, this opportunity cannot be used towards court appointed community service hours.
- Sports Coaching
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Mulching at Red Hat Amphitheater
- Youth Baseball Coaches
- Invasive Plant Removal at...
- Invasive Plant Removal (Privet)...
- Raleigh Tamale Festival
- Egg Hunt at Anderson Point
- Planting Project at Worthdale
- Spring Fling Adult Egg Hunt at...
- Abbotts Creek Egg Hunt
- Adult Egg Hunt Preparations
- Youth Girls Basketball Coaches
- Invasive Plant Removal Durant...
- Mulching at Marsh Creek Park
- Wash Pots at the City of Raleigh...