The San Francisco Civic Music Association (SFCMA) is seeking friendly classical music lovers to serve as ushers for our Civic Symphony concert, "Russian Delights". The oldest community orchestra in the west coast, the SFCS provides a welcoming place for musicians of all levels to play, and hosts free performances for the public quarterly.
Ushers will help to direct the 500+ concert attendees to the theater at the Herbst Theater and are free to enjoy the concert once attendees are seated. The time commitment for volunteering is approximately three and one half hours. Usher responsibilities include:
- Directing patrons to seating (general admission, no tickets)
- Handing out concert programs
- Directing patrons to restrooms and emergency exits as needed
- Collecting donations before, during intermission, and after the program
Ushers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the concert venue. Ushers will be given a brief orientation at 7:00 pm prior to the doors opening at (roughly) 7:30pm and the concert's 8:00 pm start.
- Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto No. 2
- Rimsky-Korsakov - Scheherazade
Serene Han, Piano Soloist
John Kendall Bailey - Music Director
All ushers are required to be at least 18 years of age.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3.5 hours