- We are looking for committed volunteers for our inpatient hospice unit (10 bed) at our 17th & Chew location.
- We need regular 2 hour commitment weekly with your choice: Monday afternoons, Tues or Thurs mornings, Wed or Friday late afternoons. Duties include: sitting with patients, connecting with families, helping with new admissions, replenishing supplies, answering unit phone, organizing common areas, making coffee, clerical help as needed.
- You will be fully screened and participate in a 12 hour hospice training. Please apply at the following link : https://www.lvhn.org/become_a_volunteer and indicate HOSPICE as your interest.
- IF you have ever been a family member who was a recipient of hospice services, you will realize the importance of this role. You can now be the one making the difference in someone's life.
- We also have home hospice volunteer needs. Application process is the same.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- Social Work
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week.
- TB testing, flu vaccine, 12 hour online or classroom training