The Front Desk plays a critical role at Harvesters. Volunteers are needed to help at the front desk over lunch time (12-2pm)
Key responsibilities include:
- Checking in volunteers and visits when they arrive.
- Using a radio to notify the Volunteer Engagement Center (VEC) of volunteers at the start of their shift.
- Thanking volunteers/donors as they exit.
- Providing documentation for volunteers who need confirmation of volunteer hours.
- Checking in court ordered community service.
- Answering and transferring phone calls.
- Assisting callers in need of food in accessing resources.
- Filling out paperwork for donations receives received.
This is an ongoing opportunity. Regular Front Desk volunteers must commit to one week day or two Saturdays per month for a period of six months.
- Have a commitment to the mission of Harvesters
- Excellent customer service skills
- Times needed
- Independent worker
- Critical thinking skills
New Front Desk volunteers will receive training on how to work the front desk. We will also have a staff person the volunteer can call if they have question or need assistance.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hour weekly commitment
- Must make a commitment of at least 6 months