Volunteer with us as an Emergency Medical Technician Newtown Ambulance is recruiting members who are certified or willing to become certified as Emergency Medical Technicians. We offer EMT certification classes to the public on an annual basis. In addition applicants must have a clean driving record, a drivers license, and no criminal history.
Members must be able to attend monthly mandatory training meetings on the second Wednesday of every month and maintain a minimum number (30) of staffing hours to remain an active member.
Under 18? Become A Junior Member! If you are a fully certified EMT between the ages of 16 and 18, you are eligible to apply to become a member of the NVAC Junior Corps. In order to apply you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must have taken the EMT course and passed both state exams (written and practical)
- Must maintain passing grades in school
- Must not have a current criminal record
- Must provide one letter of recommendation. This is required and must be provided by a member of your school faculty; i.e. guidance counselor, teacher, etc. or adult (non-family member) who knows you: i.e. clergy, employer, counselor, etc.
- Must be able to meet minimum staffing requirements of 16 hours per month.
- Pension Program
- Ongoing Training & Training Allowance
- Per Call Reward
- Uniform Allowance
- Town Pool/Park Passes
- Town Tax Abatement
- Town Dump Pass
- EMT Class Reimbursement (with 2 years of active service)
- Disaster Response
- Safety & Disaster Education
- First Aid / CPR
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 32 Hours Per Month
- Valid CT EMT Certification, Valid Health Physical