Mentor/Tutor young students in Edmonds
37 people are interested
Here are some of the things you can do to help these young students start their education in a successful manner-
Volunteer will work one on one with a student to help with early math skills and number writing.
He/she will be working with students in small pull out groups with writing their name, and writing letters and numbers. They will help students that need additional support in understanding the directions and completing task.
They may also help students individually as needed or help with letter recognition and sounds.
- Pencil grips
- Scissor grips
- Small groups of students with hand strengthening activities (play-doh, etc.)
- Counting with students who still can't count to 20
- Practicing number recognition 1-20
- Games that include counting (Candy Land, Sorry)
- Tying shoes
- ABC/123 Hop-scotch
- Energy Breaks (exercises in the hallway for students that are struggling to focus)
- Drawing/Coloring lessons ... so when we do art projects, they have already started the activity in a small group setting, allow them to build on prior success.
Posted by the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program, helping people over age 55 find meaningful volunteer opportunities.
About RSVP of Snohomish County
1918 Everett Ave, Everett, WA 98201, US
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Snohomish County matches skills/training and preferences of persons 55+ to available volunteer opportunities and promotes their voluntary service as a valuable community resource.
RSVP matches personal interests, skills and lifelong experiences with non-profit public organizations at over 116 different partner agencies, including non-profits, throughout the county. Benefits of being an RSVP volunteer are: ~excess insurance coverage including Liability, Auto, and Accident. ~partial reimbursement for transporatation costs to and from volunteer stations, subject to certain regulations and limits. ~ongoing recognition and Annual Recognition Event to RSVP volunteers. The only agency tracking and reporting the volunteer activities of persons age 55 and older through the National Senior Corps, RSVP promotes retired and senior persons as viable members of the community, able to share their skills, time and experience through volunteer service.
We'll work with your schedule.
1918 Everett AvenueEverett, WA 98201
- Child Development
- Special Needs
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours a week
- Be able to work patiently with very young students, assist the teacher as requested.