A large part of Max's Helping Paws Success will be in our ability to effectively convey our mission and impact of the foundation publicly. These vehicles are critical to our fundraising efforts, and are ongoing. This role will help develop an ongoing strategy for development of communications that help tell the Max’s Helping Paws Story; specifically, who we are, what we’ve struggled with, how we’ve gotten to where we are & where we’re going.
- Development of short videos
- Creation of success stories through grantee interviews
- Securing photos as needed to help develop materials
- Outreach to help drive reviews for awards or recognition
- Potential articles or blog posts for submission to local media channels
- Outreach to grantees, Partners, volunteers or others to interview and help build the stories
- Collaborate with others to ensure proper promotion of stories
- Identification of proper channels for distribution (Social, email, podcasts, Video, etc)
- Research of different tools and platforms for story telling
- Love of animals!!
- Deep understanding of organization’s overall programing, fundraising, communications and advocacy objectives
- Quick learner (though our video software is VERY easy to use)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, and Excel. Google Docs a Plus
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to coordinate and oversee the story collection, production and distribution process
- Have self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
- An understanding of, and ability to locate data to support stories
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Project Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Flexible, Minimum 2 Hours per week