A large part of Max's Helping Paws Success will be in our relationship with local businesses in Monterey County. I'm looking for someone with great communication skills, sensitivity and presence to help create a package with me to approach target partners in an effort to create awareness, drive relationships and inform the community. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in animal welfare & community interaction, and be extremely comfortable speaking with local businesses and people. This is an exciting volunteer opportunity with an innovative animal welfare nonprofit. Partnership development is key, and we looking for someone interested in helping us develop relationships with:
- Local Veterinary Partners
- Local Business Owners
- Other animal-related organizations
- Other Local Nonprofits that serve our target community.
- Short presentations to local vets, businesses or other nonprofits to introduce them to Max’s Helping Paws
- Development of communication and presentation materials you feel would be helpful in articulating the vision.
- Evaluating existing partnerships to identify places for improvement.
- Developing Target lists for future partnership opportunities
- Optimizing Partner related processes and reporting
- Working with partners to better understand their needs
- Ensuring MHPF meets its partnership promises
- Finding ways to leverage and make the most of these partnerships (ie testimonials, social media, interviews,etc)
- Love of animals!!
- Responsible, well organized, and demonstrates initiative.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, and Excel. Google Docs a Plus
- General knowledge of database management and ability to do data entry concisely.
- A professional demeanor with an ability to articulately convey important program details
- Have self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
- Previous internship experience a plus
- Must have internet research experience
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Max’s Helping Paws Foundation and the people and communities we serve.
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Flexible, minimum 3 hours/week
- MUST LOVE ANIMALS!