Bulletin Board Managers (volunteer position)
- Early Childhood (open - please inquire)
- Film (open - please inquire)
- History (filled)
- Music (open - please inquire)
- Performance Art (open - please inquire)
- Sustainability (open - please inquire)
- Theater (open - please inquire)
- Visual Art (open - please inquire)
- STEM (open - please inquire)
Contributing Writer (volunteer position)
- Monthly Column (openings - please inquire)
- Guest Columnist (openings - please inquire)
- Community-Based Education Correspondent (openings - please inquire)
- Are you a retired librarian who still wants to connect communities to library services?
- Are you a library sciences student who would like to get some on-the-ground experience with libraries in your community?
- We’re looking for library-savvy volunteers who can identify community-based learning opportunities at libraries throughout Western Mass. and write about them, so that we can share them with the Hilltown Families network. ( please inquire)
Social Media Intern
- We are active on Facebook, Twitter, Intagram, and, of course, our website and weekly eNewsletter.
- We would love to expand our social media presence and use it in new and creative ways.
- Hilltown Families Social Media Intern would use their expertise to manage our social media presence, take the services we provide to new places and new audiences, and connect Hilltown Families supporters to our community of learners. ( please inquire)
- If you are looking for an internship opportunity for yourself or your student(s), we can help you craft a clearly defined role and set of responsibilities that will lead to a mutually beneficial relationship and learning experience for all of us!( please inquire)
- We have great events happening throughout the year and volunteers make them happen!
- We could deepen our community impact, broaden our reach, and enhance the diversity of events and services that we’re able to provide with each and every new volunteer that joins our team! ( please inquire)
- There are several committees that help our Board of Directors further Hilltown Families’ mission. If you would like to be involved at the Board level, but can’t make this level of commitment, this may be a great fit for you! ( please inquire)
BoardDirectors & Advisers
- Do you have knowledge, expertise, or community relationships that could help Hilltown Families further its mission? We would love to speak with you about joining our board or becoming an adviser. ( please inquire)
Grant Writers & Fundraisers
- Do you have experience securing grant funding for non-profit organizations?
- Have you organized successful fundraisers for your school, civic organization, Brownie Troop, etc?
- If you answered yes to either of those questions or you have the desire to give grant writing or fundraising a shot, then this opportunity may be right up your alley! ( please inquire)
- Our Street Team is made up of volunteers who find and report back to us about events happening out in their communities.
- For example, a Street Team member sees a flyer for a cool community-based event taped up in their local barber shop. He snaps a photo and shoots it to the Program Manager. She makes sure it’s shared on our social media network, promoted in our List of Weekly Suggested Events, and shared with over 5,000 subscribers of our weekly eNewsletter. And all of our followers/readers/subscribers get to hear about a cool event happening in our communities. Cool system, huh? ( please inquire)
- Donor Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment