Max’s Helping Paws Foundation seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with event planning efforts. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit event planning. The volunteer role offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills doing unique, high end events for an innovative nonprofit. You'll be working primarily on the committee for our largest annual event coming up May 2018, as well as assisting with some smaller fundraisers.
- Develop list of target sponsors
- Help create and coordinate the drafting/distribution of promotional materials, help sell tickets
- Develop plan for Sponsor Management
- Develop plan for pre, onsite and post event VIP management
- Help develop a timeline for event communications
- Strategize unique activities for the event
- Participate in event presentation development
- Act as a liaison between the organization and vendors including negotiating pricing and pre-selecting options to present to the organization while maintaining budget for the event
- Manage and implement a plan for securing silent auction items
- Plan and facilitate planning committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes
- High creativity!
- Have self-discipline and time management skills necessary to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Previous internship or related experience in fundraising or event planning is a plus
- Must be computer literate, including Internet research experience
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, extraordinary organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Max’s Helping Paws Foundation and the people and communities we serve.
- Program Management
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Flexible schedule but 3-4 hours per week minimum
- MUST LOVE ANIMALS!