Mentor and Tutor in Baltimore
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
42 people are interested
Make a difference in a Baltimore kid's life! Northstar Baltimore in cooperation with several southeast Baltimore schools in the Highlandtown and Greektown neighborhoods has an ongoing tutoring/mentoring program for elementary and middle school students. Volunteers meet with their students at one of three sessions each week -- Tuesday afternoons 2:45-4:30, Tuesday evenings 6:00-7:30, and Wednesday afternoons 2:30-4:15.
- Volunteers work with their students on homework and teacher-assigned materials, with focus on math and literacy, throughout a school year. This program has a successful record of keeping kids interested and learning in school.
- In addition to the weekly 90-minute tutoring sessions, there is a group activity planned each month -- an art project, a visit to a local art exhibition, rollerskating, etc. -- designed to develop community and build strong ties and lasting connections.
- Background check is required as we are working with kids! Apply now at www.mppi.org/volunteer-applications or call 443-808-1103 for more information.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
3701 Eastern AveBaltimore, MD 21224
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 90 min session week; one Sat afternoon/mo