Peninsula Family Service - 70 Strong Marketing Volunteer
5 people are interested
The 70 Strong Marketing Volunteer will participate in community outreach and engagement initiatives. He/She will work to increase 70 Strong presence in the community and will build relationships with individuals, groups and other service providers in support of 70 Strong program
Reports to: Association Director of Older Adult Services/Site Director
1. Works well independently and as part of the team.
2. Detailed oriented and committed.
3. Personable and good customer service skills.
4. Ability to communicate verbally and in written English.
5. Have knowledge and be confortable working with a diverse population.
6. Ability to take initiative with minimal direction.
7. Organizational skills
8. Have means of transportation to get to outreach locations.
9. Able to carry outreach materials to outreach locations.
Duties & Responsibilities may include:
1. Provide outreach at ongoing comunity events including health fairs and farmer markets.
2. Have a clear understanidng of 70 Strong and be able to communicate this to members of the public.
3. Distribute 70 Strong flyers, brochures, and outreach materials in the community.
4. Set up outreach station and man booths ar Health Fairs, Community Events or at service provider sites.
5. Possibly do presentations in the community.
6. Possible 70 Strong administrative work related support at Fair Oaks Adult Activity Center in Redwood City.
*** This program is in need of Mandarin/Cantonese speaking volunteers***
About RSVP of San Mateo & Northern Santa Clara Counties
Mills Peninsula Senior Focus, 1720 El Camino Real, Ste 10, Burlingame, CA 94010, US
RSVP is a nationwide network of experienced adults who contribute their time and talents to important programs that strengthen their communities. RSVP of San Mateo & Northern Santa Clara Counties is sponsored by Mills-Peninsula Health Services. RSVP is administered by the Corporation for National & Community Service, the federal agency that supports service and volunteering programs to improve lives, strengthen communities and foster civic engagement.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
RSVP provides opportunities for people 55 and over to make a difference in their community through volunteer service. RSVP volunteers contribute anywhere from a few to over forty hours a week, serving through schools, day care centers, police departments, hospitals and other nonprofit and public organizations to help meet critical community needs. RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers. RSVP matches the personal interests and skills of older Americans with opportunities to help solve community problems and offers supplemental insurance while on duty, pre-service orientation, and on-the-job training from the agency or organization where volunteers are placed.
We'll work with your schedule.
Mills Peninsula Senior Focus1720 El Camino Real, Ste. 10Burlingame, CA 94010
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training