AARP Income Tax Preparation Counselor
RSVP of San Mateo & Northern Santa Clara Counties
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is the largest free, volunteer-run tax assistance and preparation program in the U.S. They understand that many individuals may miss out on credits and deductions they've earned because they can't afford to pay for professional tax preparation. They offer free tax preparation help to anyone, with special attention to older, low-income taxpayers.
AARP Foundation is looking for compassionate and friendly individuals to join our team of local volunteers. Volunteers are trained and receive continued support in a welcoming environment. And, as our current volunteers tell us, you'll not only learn new skills, but also get a great feeling from helping someone else.
Become a Volunteer - Sign up to volunteer for AARP Foundation Tax-Aide.
- Good with the fine print? Be a volunteer tax preparer. You'll work with taxpayers directly; filling out tax returns and helping them seek a refund. Experience isn't necessary - we'll provide training and IRS certification.
- Love working with people? Be a client facilitator. You'll welcome taxpayers, help organize their paperwork and manage the overall flow of service.
- Skilled in all things digital? Be a technology coordinator. You'll manage computer equipment, ensure taxpayer data security and provide technical assistance to volunteers at multiple sites.
- Want to help get the word out? Be a communications coordinator. You'll promote AARP Foundation Tax-Aide and recruit volunteers in your community.
- Have a knack for running things? Be a leadership or administrative volunteer. Manage volunteers, make sure program operations run smoothly, track volunteer assignments and site activities, and maintain quality control.
- Speak a second language? You're urgently needed! We have a big demand for bilingual speakers in all roles. We also have a need for dedicated interpreters who can assist other volunteers.
About RSVP of San Mateo & Northern Santa Clara Counties
Mills Peninsula Senior Focus, 1720 El Camino Real, Ste 10, Burlingame, CA 94010, US
RSVP is a nationwide network of experienced adults who contribute their time and talents to important programs that strengthen their communities. RSVP of San Mateo & Northern Santa Clara Counties is sponsored by Mills-Peninsula Health Services. RSVP is administered by the Corporation for National & Community Service, the federal agency that supports service and volunteering programs to improve lives, strengthen communities and foster civic engagement. We serve all of San Mateo County and the cities of Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Mountain View. Palo Alto, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills in Santa Clara County.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
RSVP provides opportunities for people 55 and over to make a difference in their community through volunteer service. RSVP volunteers contribute anywhere from a few to over forty hours a week, serving through schools, day care centers, police departments, hospitals and other nonprofit and public organizations to help meet critical community needs. RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers. RSVP matches the personal interests and skills of older Americans with opportunities to help solve community problems and offers supplemental insurance while on duty, pre-service orientation, and on-the-job training from the agency or organization where volunteers are placed.