Opus 118 Harlem School of Music is searching for qualified board member candidates for the 2017-2018 year. We are seeking a group of diverse and dynamic volunteers for our growing organization who are passionate about our mission of providing access to quality music education to the students of East Harlem, New York.
Opus 118 Harlem School of Music ( www.Opus118.org ) provides high-quality music instruction in an environment that nurtures excellence and creativity. Students in the East Harlem community are served with tuition-free twice-weekly group violin instruction during regular school hours and subsidized private instruction for violin, viola, cello, guitar, and piano after school hours.
This organization was founded by the now-legendary Roberta Guaspari, whose fight for in-school music programs in East Harlem became the subject of a documentary ( Small Wonders) and a feature film (Music from the Heart). Roberta continues to work in East Harlem
Schools while actively training the next generation of teachers for Opus 118.
We are looking for people who are:
- excited about our mission to provide access to quality music education for East Harlem children
- available for quarterly meetings in-person and other outside Opus 118 events
- connected and personable
- capable of fundraising and helping our organization grow financially
- skilled in areas such as fundraising, marketing, finance, networking, budgeting, legal for non-profits, and/ or music
- committed to donating financially annually
Interested applicants should email Hayley Collins at email@example.com .
- Financial Auditing
- Music Arts
- Arts Administration
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Quarterly, In-Person Meetings